Friday, September 23, 2011

I Blame the Devil.

Wow. I must be on drugs that are so strong that they cause me to believe I'm not on drugs at all.

I had to get up at five thirty this morning just to write this because the second I remembered it, it started bugging me to no end. I posted about writing longhand the other day, and in my rush to get that post out I realized that I was stupid enough to say that Nathaniel Hawthorne wrote Moby Dick. What. The. Hell.

I was juggling between using Hawthorne and the Scarlet Letter and Melville and Moby Dick for my example. I decide to use Hawthorne, but still clearly had Melville on the brain when I typed out the post. That, and they're both two of my favorite Dark Romantics, the other being Poe, so I often group them together in my head. No amount of proofreading could have prepared me for that screw up. Maybe I'm so incompetent that I actually need people to beta read posts for me.

So to clarify: Nathaniel Hawthorne didn't sit down at his computer to write The Scarlet Letter. He did it longhand I would assume, which is just fine.

On a slightly related note, I can't believe that I didn't discover that I'm a handwriter instead of a typer years ago. I'm actually moving faster in my manuscript than if I would have typed it, and I don't get distracted nearly as easily. If you're having problems, try changing how you're going about it, people!

Ugh. People who have real jobs are on their way to work, and the cars are distracting me as I speak.

Or type.

Thanks for putting up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment