Saturday, July 23, 2011

Of Cakes and Filling

There truly is nothing worse than that awful fuzzy feeling that clouds your mind while you stare thoughtlessly at a blinking cursor. Most of the time I choose a quick workout to end writer's block, but today I'm going with cookies.

I want them, and that's just fine.

I would also slaughter an entire village of pygmies for a whoopie pie right about now. I just learned they existed about a month ago, and they're all I can think about.

There is no way on planet Earth that I'm the only person who has sat down to write only to find themselves thinking of nothing but tiny cakes split down the middle like an English muffin and filled with cream. The odd thing is that I'm certain that, were I to try a whoopie pie, I wouldn't like it. They sort of remind me of those Oreo Cakesters that came out a while ago. While I liked them, they weren't exactly something I could finish. One bite just seemed to be enough. I never finished one. It was strange.

So, what am I to do in the face of that blinking cursor when there's nothing but whoopie pies buzzing around in my brain?

I'll tell you what I'm to do.

O, chocolate cake!
Is filling necessary?
Desserts consume me.

I'm going to write a terrible haiku about baked goods. That's what I'm going to do.

Good God. This is an all time low for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment