Sunday, July 31, 2011

*shudder*

Atomic bombing of Nagasaki on August 9, 1945.Image via WikipediaAm I the only one who was shocked to find out that Adventure Time is post-apocalyptic?

I know...not exactly a writing related post...but for a few months that show has been just what was necessary to entertain my childish corn meal-mush mind. I had always thought of it as this happy little unexplained magical world floating around in a different plane of existence. Come to find out that everyone who survived after a nuclear war had just mutated.

Now that I've found out, I can't stop seeing examples everywhere, like the fact that most of the landscape is made up of ruined cities and most of the ghosts/skeletons strewn about are human. Seriously. Has anyone else noticed that nearly everyone who is dead is a human?

I don't know why this is flipping me out. Normally I would find such a thing incredibly cool.

Maybe it's because it adds substance to a television show that I had once thought of as nothing but a cute little program that was meant to be watched but not analyzed.  Or, maybe it's because such a thing makes the innocence and positive attitudes of the characters seem a bit morbid in light of what...you know...made them what they are.

Ugh. Especially how lighthearted they sound when they speak of the Mushroom War.

I mean, come on. A CHUNK OF THE WORLD IS MISSING. Good grief.

P.S.
I copy and pasted myself some nice little code to get a better blog background. And why?
Because I have no talent when it comes to CSS, that's why.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment