Thursday, November 3, 2011

Problem Fixed? God, I Hope So

For the entire month of October, I had been using nothing but a nice little background image from The Cutest Blog on the Block, a website that I sometimes feel I love beyond reason. I noticed that I started having problems with my longer posts running behind the comment box the moment I changed back to the standard Picture Window that works best with backgrounds. It was then that I suspected that the problem that caused this to happen was more related to the HTML of the blog's template and such, because I had the problem before I started using an XML template, too.

Actually, my boyfriend was the one who figured that out. But, you know, I was the one who agreed. Yeah.

I think the problem might come from applying the background by sticking it in an "Add HTML" widget if you're getting it from a website like The Cutest Blog on the Block or Pyzam. It might work better if you copy and paste the code they give you into the dialog box on the Edit HTML page under the Design Tab, making sure to erase everything that's in there before you stick the background code in. It's worth a shot, anyway, so I'll probably try it later.

The reason I think that the problem is with the HTML code is that it didn't exist when I was using a pre-made template that I uploaded. I only had trouble with the post running off the page when I pasted some kind of background code into a widget. If you're really struggling with your post length running off the page and behind the comment box, putting an XML template on your Blogger blog just might fix it right up. Not to mention, of course, that browsing templates is incredibly fun. I for one wish that I could change mine every week. That would quickly become annoying. I must refrain.

This website has a bunch of good ones. So does BtemplatesRay Templates, and Blogger Styles. Just download the XML file, save it in a place you know you won't lose it (because I do that SO DAMN OFTEN), and upload it on the Edit HTML tab. You can arrange your widgets however you please.

I hope my fellow blogging/computer impaired writers can learn from my mistakes. I certainly wish someone else would have made them before me and written a few paragraphs about them ._.

No comments:

Post a Comment