Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Orange Juice and eBooks

English: Orange juice. Italiano: Succo d'aranc...
You are a beautiful little glass of sweet, convenient lies.


In case any other people out there are so sick that they can't leave the house, just let me say that orange juice with some salt and water can really help to replenish all of those electrolytes you lost puking your guts out when you can't get out to buy some sports drink or some other crap.

Even though, you know, there's really no such thing as real orange juice unless you squeeze your own. Some of us are lazy, however, and will do just fine with what we have in the carton. I wish I had enough time and money to live like everyone who goes on natural food rants on the internet about how one teaspoon of Splenda will kill you within five seconds of consumption, but seriously, it takes like eight oranges to squeeze out an entire glass of juice. At that point I'd give up and just eat the orange instead.

In a few moments I'm going to have to muster up the courage to type up an e-mail to my Biology teacher explaining why I had to miss the test today when I've already been absent for nearly five nonconsecutive days of his class and hope that he has mercy on my soul. In the mean time, however, I would like to say with pride that I actually got to try a Kindle Fire.

At Target.

While listening to my family groan because they wanted to move on and I was mesmerized.

It. Is. Awesome. I asked for one for Christmas, but I really doubt that my mom will be able to get hold of one in time, and I desperately need other things instead. Like, you know, a printer and other things that my college should have warned me I would need from the first freaking day of class. Sure, they have one for you to use there, but with all the printing I have to do it costs me out the ass and I never have time to get to the library.

While I should have probably asked everyone for printers and scanners, I could not help but mention the Kindle fire to everyone who asked the dreaded, "What do you want for Christmas?" question that normally causes my  mind to go blank.

 Since I'm used to the black and white screen of the regular old Kindle that I've fallen in love with, I spent nearly ten minutes scrolling through all of the book covers on the display device and marveling at the colors. I know that other eReaders have color, but I would never have considered them before due to the fact that they cost a whole lot and I'm an Amazon fangirl. And, you know, it has a bunch of Apps and stuff, too.

Can't forget about the Apps.

I may or may not be mentally stable, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment