Thursday, August 11, 2011

To POV or not to POV?

Today I have a question. That's right, a question. No rambling about nothing important at all, not even a little bit. Just a simple question.

Which point of view is your favorite? Is it first? Third person limited? What about omniscient? It may even be second, rare as it is these days. Does it change from one to the other when you're writing instead of reading?

When it comes to reading I usually like what best fits the story, but am definitley limited to third person in writing. It's just so hard to make good prose when you're limited to your narrator. I envy those of you who are gifted in that area, I really do. First person may be a lot harder to pull off, but it really does look fun.

I would also like to note that the single most viewed post on this entire blog is the one that mentions My Little Pony. Truly, it is capable of mind control. I hope I didn't scar those of you who were unfamiliar with the story by linking Cupcakes a while back, and just want to warn everypony one more time that you should be very, very afraid of Pinkie Pie.

2 comments:

  1. First person! It makes it easier for the reader to relate I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First person seems to be increasing in popularity lately, probably because main character central novels are all the rage again. I don't think any reader would be able to make it through two hundred pages of my main character talking. I even think I would find myself putting down THAT book, lol.

    ReplyDelete