Saturday, December 31, 2011

NaBloPoMo: You Have Been Warned

I've given some serious consideration to joining in on NaBloPoMo, and by serious consideration, I mean that I read a few lines about it and said to myself, "Hey! That looks like a great idea!"

So I'm going to try and post one a day for the entire month of January. Those of you who have subscribed to my feed have an apology in advance. I hope you can bear with my while I ramble like an idiot more often than usual.

But seriously, all horrible expectations aside, I encourage anyone else out there running a blog to join in on National Blo Posting Month as well. You just might learn something about yourself, and as frightening as that sounds, it just might improve your blogging and writing experience in general.

I'm warning you right now that  you're probably going to see quite a few posts about why it isn't snowing, or how damn hard it is to keep the pen moving once you get it started. More often than not, they'll just be about all the books I've started but never finished because I keep telling myself I've got to work on a novel that I haven't really been working that hard on.

Like, you know, this.

I searched far and wide for that clip just because I identified so much with that skit when I first saw it on Family Guy. I'm sure all of you did, too. I'm sure all of the published writers out there are more than glad that there are so many of us that just can't get our shit together, however.

You're welcome, successful douches. I have eliminated the competition by sitting on my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment